Meet The Doctor
Get to Know Darce A. Slate, DDS
As a leading cosmetic and general dentist practicing in Rocklin, California for more than ten years, Dr. Darce A. Slate has a detailed understanding on a wide array of cosmetic, advanced restorative, and dental implant procedures. Through his private practice, PURE Dentistry, he offers essential preventative treatments as well as full mouth rehabilitation. He uses the most advanced techniques and cutting edge dental equipment to provide patients with permanent, beautiful, and whiter teeth that look and feel natural.
Dr. Slate’s distinguished reputation is heightened by his ability to deliver an ideal experience for his patients, going above and beyond their expectations. His constant drive to enhance his knowledge in the ever-evolving field of cosmetic dentistry and to elevate the level of treatment within this specialized field of dentistry is also of great importance to Dr. Slate. He believes each patient deserves to be counseled on their overall dental health as well as offered a variety of customized treatments based on their individual needs.
Fully understanding the empowering effects of a beautiful smile, Dr. Slate frequently lectures on the subject at engagements for dental study clubs in Northern California. A Bay Area native, Dr. Slate received his degree from the University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry, an esteemed dental science institution with a world-renowned faculty. As a UCSF graduate he received the prestigious Nguyen T. Nguyen Award for Endodontics, highlighting Dr. Slate’s performance, skills and knowledge in this specific area of dental science. Subsequently, his fine art background and profound interest in medicine led him to continue his educational training with post graduate work in the field of Cosmetic Dentistry. Dr. Slate continued training includes graduating the prestigious Kois Center located in Seattle, UCLA’s Aesthetic Continuum. Dr. Slate also is active teaching and presenting dentistry concepts to other dentists. He is also a member of the revered American Academy of Cosmetic Dentists (AACD) and regularly attends symposiums as well as lectures presented by the AACD.
Recently, Dr. Slate had an article published in the magazine Dental Economics. Dr. Slate is also an avid philanthropist and avidly participates in Dental Health Week and AACD’s Give Back A Smile Charitable Foundation. Dr. Slate and his wife donate their time to one charity each year in an effort to help raise money for the organization.
The Kois Center
The Kois Center is a world-renowned educational center in Seattle, WA for dentists providing a didactic and clinical program with the latest advances in esthetics, implant and restorative dentistry. Dentists from all over the world travel to the Kois Center to learn from the teachings of Dr. John Kois. Curriculum is based solely on the latest research.
The Kois Center is a self-funded center, which means it does not accept sponsorship or funding, and is not swayed by the agenda or message of sponsors.
Dr. Slate’s Professional Affiliations Include:
- Kois Center Graduate
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Sustaining Member
- Frontier Dental Institute-Instructor
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Placer Dental Academy
- Sacramento District Dental Society
Dr. Slate’s Educational and Specialized Training Include:
- University of California San Francisco, DDS Graduated 2002
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Sustaining Member. Current
- University of California Los Angeles, Aesthetic Continuum, 2004
- Kois Center, Interdisciplinary Treatment Planning I, Diagnostically Driven, 2006
- Kois Center, Functional Occlusion I-Scienc Driven Management, 2006
- Kois Center, Biomechanics I-Fundamentals for Cohesively and Adhesively Retained Restorations, 2010
- Kois Center, Biomechanics II-Impressioning, Provisionals and Foundation Restorations, 2010
- Kois Center, Restorative/Periodontal Interface, 2011
- Kois Center, Advancing Dentistry Through Science, Implants: Fixed Retained, 2011
- Kois Center, Advancing Dentistry Through Science, Implants: Removable Retained, 2012
- Kois Center, Advancing Dentistry Through Science, Functional Occlusion II- Complex Restorative Management, 2012
- Kois Center, Advancing Dentistry Through Science, Treatment Planning-Interactive Complex Management, 2013
- Kois Center, Annual Symposium “Scaling up Excellence”, 2014